Please note you are looking at an event that has already happened.
Tickets are no longer available for this event!
This year's book is The Frederick Sisters Are Living the Dream by Jeannie Zusy.
On March 25 at 7pm in the Library's Ottinger Room, you can...
- MEET the author, Croton resident Jeannie Zusy, for a lively talk. Jeannie has written several full-length plays, screenplays, short stories, and works of fiction. Relocating her adult intellectually disabled brother Davie to live near her proved to be one of life’s unexpected surprises and the story that inspired this book. This is Jeannie’s first novel.
- GROOVE with local singer, songwriter and performer Bianca Mancinelli and her band. Their music is a funky mix of upbeat soulful blues and passionate lyrics. They’ll be spicing up the evening with a peppering of songs, many from the novel.
Before the event, you can...
- READ this funny and insightful book about caregiving. The Croton Free Library has many copies of the novel available in every format - print, large print, e-book, e-audiobook and CD audiobook.
- PLAY the “Living the Dream” Scavenger Hunt by March 18. Solve our quiz about local sites in the novel, and submit your answers in the Library or on the website. Respondents with the most correct answers will be eligible for prizes!
- SHARE your funny and/or heartwarming anecdote about your experience as a caregiver, or when someone was caring for you. Post your story on the library Facebook account or share it by dropping it in our “Living the Dream” box in the library. It could possibly be read aloud at the author event!
Jeannie Zusy has written several full-length plays, screenplays, short stories, and works of fiction. Her work has been performed off-Broadway and beyond and appeared in McSweeney’s. The Frederick Sisters Are Living the Dream is her first novel.