What is Battle of the Books (BoB)?
It’s a countywide competition of young adults from all participating Westchester County public libraries. Teams answer trivia questions based on 5 books. This year, there will be weekly battles. Everything is online! View the information packet here.
Join Our Team!
Commitment forms are due on April 26 at 9pm.
Volunteers also needed to write trivia questions and help out during the battles.
Contact Gwen (email@example.com) for more info.
About Battle of the Books
- Grades 4-7 Division: Tuesdays at 5pm between 7/5 and 8/18.
- Grades 6-12 Division: Thursdays at 5pm between 7/5 and 8/18.
Anyone in Croton or Cortlandt who’s entering grades 4-12 (or their homeschool equivalents) in September 2022. Students going into grades 6-7 can choose which team they’d like to join.
Teams will form this spring and practice once a week, beginning in May, until the online battles start in July.
Each year, the Westchester Library System’s BoB committee nominates and votes on our books. They’re diverse, interesting, and fun!
Books for grades 4-7:
- Curse of the Night Witch by Alex Aster
- Fly on the Wall by Remy Lai
- From the Desk of Zoe Washington by Janae Marks
- Show Me a Sign by Ann Clare LeZotte
- Katie the Catsitter by Colleen AF Venable
Books for grades 6-12:
- Wink by Rob Harrell
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko
- You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson
- The Downstairs Girl by Stacey Lee
- Skyward by Brandon Sanderson
Each division must have at least three members each to participate.
Team coaches: Alicia Reyes (younger division) & Gillian Rothchild (older division)
Team adviser: Gwen Glazer
You get to know five books inside and out, and meet other book enthusiasts like you! Our program is structured like a book club for the first several meetings, and then we start practicing to compete against teams from other libraries as the season goes on.