How do Spice of the Month kits work?
Get cooking with the Library! We’ll explore new spices, new cuisines, and new cultures. Every month, pick up a kit that includes:
- A sample of a featured spice
- Background about the spice’s origins
- Recipes from our cookbook collection
New kits will be released the first Monday of the month. First come, first served! No reservations required.
Once you’ve tried out a new recipe using the spice, you can share it with the whole community using the hashtag #CrotonSpiceClub. Or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we might share it on our social media!
In 2023, so far, we've explored...
- January - star anise
- February - cinnamon (ground vs. sticks)
- March - berbere
- April - fennel seeds
- May - crystallized ginger
- June - lavender
- July - Tajín
- August - cumin
- September - black vs. white peppercorns