How do Spice of the Month kits work?
Get cooking with the Library! We’ll explore new spices, new cuisines, and new cultures. Every month, pick up a kit that includes:
- A sample of a featured spice
- Background about the spice’s origins
- Recipes from our cookbook collection
New kits will be released the first Monday of the month. First come, first served! No reservations required.
Once you’ve tried out a new recipe using the spice, you can share it with the whole community using the hashtag #CrotonSpiceClub. Or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we might share it on our social media!
Next kits available June 6!
So far, we've explored...
- January - bay leaves
- February - lemongrass
- March - Aleppo/Halaby/Maras pepper
- April - cardamom pods
- May - sweet paprika vs. smoked paprika
- June - coriander seeds