Laptops Available for In-Library Use
Don’t feel like sitting in our computer area, or all the desktop computers are already in use? Laptops can be checked out to be used anywhere on our premises. Just ask at the reference desk.
Laptop Use Policy
- Must have an active Library card in good standing (no overdue fines or lost material)
- Must leave something of value as collateral (car keys or driver’s license)
- Laptop must be returned before closing time on the same day
- No overnight use or extended checkout
- Installing software on laptop is prohibited
- Laptop must stay on premises at all times
- Staff is not required to instruct patrons on how to use computer
- Please notify librarian of any damage to laptop prior to checking out
- Laptops cannot be use for any illegal purpose (including but not limited to copyright infringement, viewing, producing, peer-to-peer file sharing, downloading or uploading or distributing literature, movies, or other media that are illegal in general such as child pornography; harassing, threatening, or intimidating other individuals or groups)
Croton Free Library has two laptops that can be checked out for three weeks at a time, through a Westchester Library System program. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ask at the reference desk for details.